I still remember the days when I had a Nokia 3310. Those were the phones which we used only for calling, texting, Alarm or playing Snake Xenzia for fun. But with the passage of time, the technology has evolved so much. And with the evolution of technology, many cool features are being added day by day on the phones. And the name from a cell phone changed to a smartphone. As it can contain data which includes games, Apps and other files. The modern Android, windows, and IOS devices have powerful features. These are handy for a different situation. But with advanced features, there are also many problems. Today I will explain App Not Installed problem below.
The App Not Installed is one hell of a problem. Which the users of the Android version KitKat, Lolipop and Marshmellow face this type of problem. I faced the problem when I was using the LG G2 having the android version KitKat installed on it. I downloaded a game named Afterpulse. And when I was about to install the app there was an error on my screen saying that the App Not Installed. It was so annoying, trust me, I couldn’t explain it in words. I started finding solutions because I wanted to play that game.
At first, I thought that I haven’t downloaded the app. I deleted that file of 740 MB and started a fresh file on download. When the download finished, I tried again, but the result was not different than the first one. I started researching on the internet for this problem. And also did some of my own research and I learned different things during that period of time.
Table Of Contents
- Understanding App Not Installed issue
- Solving App Not Installed Error
Note:– Please keep on reading if you are facing the same issue. Because in this article I have explained everything in detail. I am telling it from my personal experience and research. And some of these ideas are from the internet so make sure you go through the whole article. I hope you will be able to fix “APP NOT INSTALLED” error and get your desired apps on your phone.
Understanding App Not Installed issue
Before we try to solve the problem we must first learn what are the possible causes due to which we face this error. If we don’t know what is causing the problem, we won’t be able to end the problem from the root. Based on my research the following are the main causes of the error ‘App Not Installed‘ message.
As I have mentioned earlier. The corrupted files that you download will always be the main problem. they will cause the error to occur. So make sure that you download the files from an authentic and trusted source. Sometimes virus attack on the file also corrupts it which becomes a headache often.
Not enough storage:-
Sometimes having low storage on phone will also be a cause of app not installed error. An android package consists of different kinds of files. Now if we have a low storage space the installer will not be able to install some of the files from the package. And the app may need every bit of these files to work. Due to which it fails to install and you see an error saying App Not Installed.
Insufficient system permissions:-
The insufficient system permissions will also more be likely to stir the problem. And a pop-up with the error will appear on the screen. They may also cause unknown code error during the installation of a file.
An app will always need to get signed by a Keystore. A Keystore is a binary file that contains a set of private keys for apps. Due to these, the apps work on devices. Files that are not downloaded from google play store. they will more likely to be missing the signature from keystore. And this missing signature causes a problem during the installation of that file.
As I said when I downloaded the After Pulse game it was actually made for the Android OS 5 (lollipop). And I was trying to install it on KitKat version. thus I was getting nothing but the error screen. I came to know that an incompatible file version is causing this error. And there is no way to install an incompatible version of the file. unless you are applying some serious tweaks on your phone.
A Scientific Approach to The Solution of App Not Installed Error
The following Solutions may help you end the problem. And enable you to install your desired app on your android smartphone. If they don’t work for you (in case) do not forget to mention it in the comments below. We will help you with a possible solution. But make sure you follow the instruction to the letter first and execute the steps shown in this article.
Method 1- Eliminating the problem by changing the app codes
- First of all, go to the Play Store/Google Play on your device.
- Search for an app called “APK Editor Pro“.
- Download the application on your device. (Note:- This is a Paid application) You can find this application by doing a simple Google Search.
- Open the app and select “APK from the app” or “Select an APK File” option (depending on your situation which application you want to edit).
- Navigate through the available apps on your phone and locate your desired app. Click in your selected APP and press on “Common Edit“.
- Change the install location of the app to “Internal Only” according to your need. Also, keep this in mind that you can also change the app version the code too using the APK Editor Pro. So feel free to play with the app. The more you try it the more you will learn about things.
- After modifications make sure you apply the changes by clicking on save button. And then install the modified version of the app.
Before installation of the modified version of the app. Always make that sure you have deleted other before loaded things related to the app.
Must Check:- Fix Steam Not Opening Issue
Method 2- Resetting the app preferences
- Go to settings.
- Then go to the apps or “Apps & notifications” (on some phones). Switch to the all apps tab.
- On the All Apps tab, you will see a “three-dot” on the top right corner, click on it.
- After some features will pop up. In there you need to click on the “Reset App Preferences“.
- Immediately a Diolage box will open. In there you need to click on the “RESET APPS“.
- Boom!! all is done. Try to install the App and getting error whether or not.
Method 3- Disabling Google Play protect (Side Load)
Google play store play also play major role on App not Installed error. It’s automatically detected those apps which are not available on play store and don’t allow to install those apps. If you trying to install an application which not available on play store, so may get App not Installed error. You can install those applications by disabling Google Play Protect.
- First, open Play Store on your phone.
- Click on the “Hamburger” menu icon.
- Find “Play Protect” and open it up.
- On the “Play Protect” click on the “Settings icon” on the top right corner.
- Disable “Scan device for security threats” by tapping on the toggle button. (Note:- After installing turn it back ON)
- Now you’re good to go install the application.
Method 4- Avoid installation from the sd-cards (Old Phones)
The sd card contains a large number of contaminated files. Which are actually harmful to your device sometimes. Try to avoid installing the apps from the sd cards. As the phone installers will not be able to parse the package completely. Thus downloading the file on internal storage. And then installing it from there is always a better choice.
Method 5- Try ‘Signing’ the ‘App’ by the following method
- Download an app called “apk-signer” from the android play store.
- Open the app and go to the dashboard.
- In there you will see three sections “SIGNING” “VERIFYING” & “KEYSTORES”. But you need to click on the “SIGNING” section.
- On the bottom, you will see a “pencil like” an icon and click on them. After your file manager will open, select your application which you have got the app not installed error.
- On the bottom, you will see a “Save” button, click on it and your application will automatically “Signed” within a few seconds.
- Click on “Signed” application to install on your phone.
- If that didn’t help make sure you try the steps given below.
Need to Know:- Best 6 Ways To Fix Gboard Not Working Error
Method 6- Unknown source installation
Companies disable the unknown source installation by default. Due to these settings, one has to face the problem. It is because the system will not let the apps which are not downloaded from the play store to install. As it considers them unhealthy for the device. Make sure you turn your unknown source installation on. Before trying to install an app downloaded from any third party website. There are several options to enable Unknown source installation.
Enabling On Android Oreo or Higher
- You can enable this option while installing any third-party apps. For this, I am downloading an application on Chrome.
2. After completing download click on that and you will see and PopUp notification Regarding “Unknown app installation“, so you simply head over to the “settings“
3. Just enable “Allow from this source” by tapping on the toggle button.
Enabling On Android Nougat or Lower
- Enable unknown source installation on Android Nougat or Lower is too easy. First head over to your phone settings and open “Security” or other security option depends on your phone.
2. Under security, you need to find “Unknown sources” and enable it by tapping on the toggle button. That’s it.
3. Now you are good to install third-party applications without getting any error if the unknown source making any problem.
If you sill was not able to solve the “App Not Installed” problem, this final dedication will help you. This problem can not solve because of some of the most sensitive case, one is that your application is corrupted another is your phone OS problem. My final answer is that to rid out of this app not installed error, first throw away that application which you want to install. Find the updated version of that application or I recommended you download that application form this application. But still not done “Reset” and delete all data from your phone, and you are good to go install that App and no more get App Not Installed error.