Steam is one of my favourite gaming platform no doubt. It is due to its user-friendly interface and a wide variety of games availability. The best thing that most gamers love about steam is its store. People can easily purchase their favourite games and spend hours playing it. Despite the fact that steam is a very good gaming platform, there are always some bugs and issues.
Last week when I was free I thought to play Call of Duty after a very long time. When I turned on my laptop and made my way to the STEAM I saw nothing but an error. Yes, Sir, I am talking about the Steam Error Code -105. Trust me It spoiled all of my excitement.
Luckily this Error stirred my curiosity to learn and fix it. So excited everything and started doing some research about the Steam Error Code 105. Though it took me a precious evening still I managed to find out the missing piece of the puzzle.
After fixing the error I also noticed that there are many fellow gamers who are victims of this annoying problem. I mean I saw how this issue is spoiling joys and evenings of my fellow gamers. So I made my mind to write about it and help you guys get rid of this problem once and forever.
Table of Contents
What Causes the Steam Error Code 105
We all accept that the Steam platform is a software and is developed by a human programmer. We also accept that errors occur as there is nothing perfect in this universe. Before we move to the solution part I feel it is necessary we learn about the causes of the problem first.
Once we learn the cause of a problem, solving it can be as easy as breaking the ice. As I told you I did some research that evening. I found that there are three main culprits behind the Steam Error Code 105. Though the problem may vary from user to user still mostly these three things are responsible for the error.
Trust me the root of all online problems can sometimes be only your internet connection. If you are having a perfect internet in today’s modern world you are one happy guy. Umm… I am just kidding please don’t take me that serious. I know there are a lot of important things other than gaming and the internet.
while coming back to the topic, please allow me to explain it to you. If you are having a slow or unstable internet connection please don’t expect steam to be fully functional. A sluggish internet connection may drop the communication between PC and Steam client. As a result, a user may face Steam Error Code 105 or any other error.
Do you know about DNS? If no, don’t worry I will tell you what is it. The DNS or domain name system to be more precise is like a phonebook of the internet. It allows the user to connect to their desired websites by translating domain names to IP addresses.
I think you have a rough idea of what a DNS is. If your DNS is not configured properly it will not be able to connect you to the Steam. As a result, you will face Steam Error Code 105 and similar issues.
Also Read:- Best solutions of Twitch 5000 Content Not Available Error
Adblockers are nowadays celebrities on every Internet Browser. Almost every single user use Adblocker because we all wanted to avoid interruption. Some Adblocker may work fine and block all unwanted ads but sometimes they can be trouble. As these adblockers are made to block unwanted stuff from appearing, sometimes they block the access to the steam store. As a result, you will see nothing but steam error code 105.
Now I am sure most of you will have a rough idea of what causes this error. Although there might be other issues these are the things which I told you are from my personal experience. If you find anything else please let me know and I will update this article.
How to Solve steam error code 105
Ok! I am sorry If I have wasted your time now we will talk about how to solve the issue. The following are the methods I found while doing research. I suggest you try every single one of them if you are not sure about the cause of your problem. Chances are one of these will pull you out of trouble and you can thank me later.
Method 1- Restarting your Internet Router
The most effective method of solving any kind of problem is by starting from the basics. If you want to get rid of the steam error make sure that you check your internet connection first.
Restarting your router can sometimes help solve many ping and connection issues. I, therefore, suggest restarting your router once before trying anything else. You can do this by either plugging out the power cord and Replug it again or by pressing the power button on the router.
This will reinitialize your internet connection and giving it a fresh start can sometimes make things smooth. If this works for you then it is good otherwise move to the next method.
Method 2- DNS Flushing
If you have successfully tried the first method and it didn’t work for you then don’t worry. The next method to solve your problem is by flushing your DNS. Now It isn’t rocket science and I will guide you step by step how to flush your DNS. So you don’t need to worry about a thing.
For DNS flushing execute the following steps and it will help you get your steam back.
- First, open your computer search box and type “cmd“.
- Initially, you will see “Command Prompt“. Right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- type the command “ipconfig/flushdns” inside the Command Prompt window.
- Hit enter, you will get “Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache” message.
- Wait for the process to complete and then try running your steam client.
Flushing DNS will solve the problem for many users if still, it didn’t work for you then move to the next method and try it.
Also Read:- 5 Best Ways to Fix This Program is Blocked by Group Policy Error
Method 3- Uninstalling Adblocker Application
Adblockers can be installed standalone software on windows. Make sure you remove it successfully by following the exact method of removal. If you have installed a standalone app uninstall it from the control panel. Follow below steps:-
- Head over to your windows Setting.
- Click on the “Apps“.
- Inside that, you will see your all applications. Under that, you need to find the AdBlocker application which you using.
- Select that application, click on it and press “Uninstall” & confirm it.
Now you successfully uninstall AdBlocker application.
Method 4- Changing DNS
In some cases your DNS causing issue. Because most users use their Internet service providers DNS, usually those are slow due their server. They don’t invest too much on their server.
At this situation, you need to switch to Public DNS like Google, Cloudflare & many more. Follow the below steps to change DNS.
- Open “Run” window by pressing “Window key” along with “R”. Then Write down “ncpa.cpl” and click “Ok”.
- Your Network connection tab will open. Right click on your network, which you are using. In this case, I am using Ethernet. After, click on the “Properties“.
- Under Ethernet Properties, you need to select on “Internet service protocol version 4” and click “Properties“.
- A new window will open up. In that, you need to select “Use the following DNS server address”. And put 220.127.116.11 as prefer DNS, 18.104.22.168 as alternate DNS which is Provide by Google. You can also use other Public DNS providers like Cloudflare, Quad9, Verisign.
- Login to your router control panel by Router IP address. Mostly cases 192.168.0.1 is router IP address.
- Then go to Internet section, make sure that Internet connection type set to “Static IP”.
- In there you will see DNS option. Put 22.214.171.124 under primary section and 126.96.36.199 under secondary DNS. Hit on Save button.
- Now restart your router.
Also Read:- 7 Best Ways to Solve there was a problem parsing the package Problem
Method 5- Disabling AdBlocker
If the above methods didn’t work for you then try to disable your adblocker first. Sometimes the adblockers limit access of browsers to different sites and as a result, you may face issues.
Adblockers can be installed as an extension in a browser and as standalone software on windows. Make sure you remove it successfully by following the exact method of removal. If you have installed a standalone app uninstall it from the control panel. If you have it on your browser you can follow the appropriate procedure to remove it.
- Open your Chrome browser and click on the three-dot of the top right corner.
- After that, a menu will open. Under that, you will see “More Tools” hover mouse on that, and that point you will see “Extensions” option. Click on it.
- A new tab will open up, where you can see your all Extensions.
- Find your AdBlocker Extension which you using on your PC. On that, you will see A toggle, juts click on it.
- Now you are done. Your AdBlocker Extension is Disabled.
- As like the previous. Click on the Tree dot of the top right corner.
- You will see “Extensions“. Without messing with settings.
- After opening Extensions, you will see your favourite AdBlocker extension. Click on the toggle and disable it.
Also Read:- Best Ways To Fix Error Code 907 In Play Store
- As like the previous. After opening the Firefox browser and click on the hamburger icon on the top right corner. Head over to the Add-ons, click on it.
- After opening Add-ons manager, click on Extensions.
- You will see your AdBlocker Extensions, click on the toggle and disable it.
- After opening the Opera browser click on the Opera icon. then a menu will open up.
- In that menu, you will see “Extensions“. Head over on it and click on it.
- After that, select AdBlocker extension and click on “Disable” button.
- Now you are good to go.
Once you have turned off your adblocker you can check the steam again and see if steam error code 105 is resolved or not.
Also Read:- 8 Tricks For Solving Can’t Connect To Camera Error
Method 6- Update Browser / Steam
Now days Bugs are new headache. Bug / Issues can ruin your day. Mostly Bugs can be fix after getting new update.
IF you Using steam on Browser or Seam application, make sure that you should update to the new version. Because when a new problem occurs developer try to fix the problem by releasing a new update. That’s make your life easy.